Partnering for our students’ success
Parental involvement is key to a successful school environment, and we strongly believe that when parents and the school work hand in hand, it facilitates a strong learning community that impacts and encourages students to be their best.
The Aims of the Parents’ Association
Numerous research endorses the powerful impact Parents’ Associations have on schools. Improved student-teacher performances and relationships, effective communication between the school and parents, and enhanced student development are some of the plus points that we have witnessed here at Tenby International School Setia EcoHill since the establishment of our Parents’ Association.
Run on a volunteer basis, all parents are granted automatic membership to our Parents’ Association and are welcome at all events and gatherings. This has proven to be an invaluable avenue for teachers, parents and other school staff to develop a deeper understanding of the role each can play in relation to students’ learning and academic progress. Our Parents’ Association is committed to:
- Providing support for school events and activities, fund-raising for charities, trips and inter-school competitions.
- Facilitating contact between parents and staff as a means of strengthening the school community and enhancing communication.
- Encouraging greater linkage and collaboration between parents and staff.
- Enhancing communication between parents and school leadership.
- Organising and encouraging parents’ participation in school fundraising activities for charity and other events throughout the year.
- Fostering social interaction between parents with the aim of nurturing a greater sense of school community.
- Promoting the wellbeing and interests of the students of the campus in cooperation with the campus principal, teachers and students.
- Working closely with the school in providing information that parents need through events such as coffee mornings/information mornings.
- Supporting parents and students to ensure that all children are treated in accordance with the ethos of the school.
Our Parents’ Association also organises many school events for students and their families throughout the school year. Among them are Teachers’ Day, festival and cultural celebrations. Occasionally, experts are invited to speak on important topics such as children’s dietary health, academics, safety and more.
For more information, please contact our Admissions Team at 03-8725 5625 or email@example.com.