Partnering for our students’ success
Parental involvement is key to a successful school environment, and we strongly believe that when parents and the school work hand in hand, it facilitates a strong learning community that impacts and encourages students to be their best.
The Aims of the Parents’ Association
The Tenby Schools Setia Eco Park Parents’ Association is home to two valuable Parents’ Associations – the Tenby International School Parents’ Association and the Sekolah Sri Tenby Parents’ Association – both of which are run on a volunteer basis and work collaboratively as one overall Parent Association. All new parents are automatically members of their respective Parents’ Association and are welcome at all events and gatherings.
Both Parents’ Associations are close partners of the school and a great avenue for staff, parents and families to develop effective communication and relationships. Their role is to help parents make the difference that matters to them by:
- Providing support for school events and activities, fund-raising for charities, trips and inter-school competitions.
- Facilitating contact between parents and staff as a means of strengthening the school community and enhancing communication.
- Encouraging greater linkage and collaboration between Sekolah Sri Tenby and Tenby International School.
- Enhancing communication between parents and school leadership.
- Organising and encouraging parents’ participation in school fundraising activities for charity and other events throughout the year.
- Fostering social interaction between parents with the aim of nurturing a greater sense of school community.
- Promoting the wellbeing and interests of the students of the school in cooperation with the school principal, teachers and students.
- Working closely with the school in providing information that parents need through events such as coffee mornings/information mornings.
- Supporting parents and students to ensure that all children are treated in accordance with the ethos of the school.
Both Parents’ Associations also organise various school events for students and their families throughout the school year. Some of these include Teachers’ Day celebrations, festive celebrations, cultural days and more. There are also regular guest speakers who are invited to speak on topics as varied as children’s dietary health, academics, safety and more.
For more information, please visit the official Tenby Schools Setia Eco Park Parents’ Association website.