Partnering for our students’ success
Parental involvement is key to a successful school environment, and we strongly believe that when parents and the school work hand in hand, it facilitates a strong learning community that impacts and encourages students to be their best.
The Aims of the Parents’ Association
The Tenby Schools Setia Eco Park Parents’ Association (TSPA) is a synergized parents’ association from both Tenby International School and Sekolah Sri Tenby. TSPA is run on a volunteer basis by a group of enthusiastic and supportive parents. Governed by TSPA Constitution, all new parents are automatically members of TSPA and are welcomed at all events and gatherings.
TSPA’s mission is to foster a strong relationship and community spirit among schools’ bodies, parents and students. TSPA is a close partner of the school and a great avenue for staff, parents and families to develop effective communication and relationships. Their role is to help parents make the difference that matters to them by:
- Providing support for school events and activities, fund-raising for charities, trips and inter-school competitions.
- Facilitating contact between parents and staff as a means of strengthening the school community and enhancing communication.
- Enhancing communication between parents and school leadership.
- Organising and encouraging parents’ participation in school fundraising activities for charity and other events throughout the year.
- Fostering social interaction between parents with the aim of nurturing a greater sense of school community.
- Promoting the wellbeing and interests of the students of the school in cooperation with the school principal, teachers and students.
- Working closely with the school in providing information that parents need through events such as coffee mornings/information mornings.
- Supporting parents and students to ensure that all children are treated in accordance with the ethos of the school.
TSPA also organises various school events for students and their families throughout the school year. Some of these include Teachers’ Day celebrations, festive celebrations, cultural days and more. There are also regular guest speakers who are invited to speak on topics as varied as children’s dietary health, academics, safety and more.
For more information, please visit the official Tenby Schools Setia Eco Park Parents’ Facebook page here.